Technical Documentation Consulting
- employed or involved in giving professional advice to the public or to those practicing the profession
A Technical Documentation Consultant does exactly what the definition states, with the focus on developing technical documentation. It is true that developing documentation is not “intuitive” nor can it be successful when left for the end of the project. It needs to be planned, resourced, executed, and monitored. And, it is must be compatible with the schedule, the budget, the resources, and the technical design.
So, what could a Technical Documentation Consultant do for you? Here’s a few possibilities to consider:
- 1. Analyze your project and recommend the best document types for your system.
- 2. Determine an estimated level of effort and needed resources.
- 3. Recommend a process for collaboration and document reviews.
- 4. Give your documentation processes a critical eye and make suggestions for improvement.