Featured Job Opportunities:
Technical Writer 3 (TW3) Labor Category
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
The Level 3 Technical Writer (TW) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides, manuals, and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual NSA Data Standard (DS)-89
Eight (8) years experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Featured Job Opportunities:
Project Manager & Lead Engineering Writer
In addition to technical writer jobs, MSD is seeking to hire a Project Manager & Lead Engineering Writer to assist us with expanding our client base and growing our business with both current and new clients.
The candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in performing and delivering technical documentation products, as well as managing other technical writers.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering related discipline is required.
The successful candidate will work closely with MSD’s president in supporting MSD’s growth and business development efforts, and have demonstratable experience in the following:
- Employee screening and hiring
- Active client management and sales
- Proposal development
- Company management and oversight
- Support for clients and organizations within the DoD and intelligence communities
A TS/SCI with full scope polygraph is preferred.
Meta-Systems Documentation Inc. is seeking a recruiting consultant who will aid in finding both cleared and uncleared technical writer candidates. This consultant will serve best as a subcontractor for the foreseeable future. The ideal candidate will exceed in this position if they are able to successfully aid recruiting efforts and fulfill MSD’s needs. In order to do so, the candidate must be able to source and qualify leads that will meet the company’s criteria. To be successful, the consultant must understand both the technical depth of the industry and our organization to become an effective talent partner. The consultant will work closely with our president in supporting MSD’s growth and business development efforts.
Actively source and qualify candidates
Manage our needs and expectations
Maintain strong relationships in the market
Work to improve recruitment efficiency
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Quota or goal-oriented
Able to meet strict deadlines
Apply now by emailing webmaster (at) msd-corp.com